Random Rarebits 2

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Anywhere in the world

I really don't know why but I asked one of the candidates this hypothetical question in a job interview this morning...

"There is no right or wrong answer, but if you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?"

Probably that's because it was a hypothetical question that I've been asking myself repeatedly in my subconscious thoughts.

Perhaps...where I want to be right now is cuddling with my husband in bed. I wish I have one right now, so that I can no longer be celibate! Haha...sounds good for me. Well, well, now let's get serious. Afterall, this is my life we're talking about, and we live only once lah.



The truth is, all I want to be right now is to be in the best state of mind, body, spirit and environment. That is my vision in life!

"I speak truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare;
and I dare a little the more as I grow older." Montaigne

Come to think of it, that was the reason why I have stopped partying over a year ago. The partying started out as an escapism and a denial mechanism to forget my pain after being dumped by my ex-husband (for a Filipina ex-Karaoke GRO nonetheless).

It's a lot easier to accept if he dumped me for a beauty queen or an heiress, I think. Well, perhaps he wanted to rescue a damsel in distress and be a hero to her. I know he always like being a hero. Omigod, why am I talking about him, again! Really, I have to get him out of my system.

Anyways....after I stopped partying, I stopped thinking like a victim. I started to take a responsible point of view in whatever I do. I began taking my life seriously. I began my journey to get closer to Allah. I never want to go back to my "Dark Age" or "Zaman Jahiliyah". My life's main purpose now is to seek Allah's fogiveness and blessings.

Like the lyrics to a song by M. Nasir which says, "KepadaMu Kekasih, aku bertanya, apakah Kau akan menerimaku kembali, atau harus menghitung lagi, segala jasa dan bakti, atau harus mencampakku ke sisi, tanpa harga diri. KepadaMu Kekasih, aku serahkan, jiwa dan raga, jua segalanya. Apakah Kau akan menerima penyerahan ini. Apakah Kau akan menerimaku dalam keadaan begini."

Well, something like that...

As Star Wars executive producer George Lucas would put it, I've crossed over from the dark side. May the force be with me forever, until the end of time. Move over, Darth Vader!



I believe that my personal hijrah or crossing over in seeking the truth was one of my best decisions in life.

To all Muslimin and Muslimat bloggers, browsers, surfers and friends anywhere in the world, I wish you a really blessed Nuzul Al-Quran.

If you haven't, may you find the truth that I had found. Perhaps then you will understand what I mean and how I feel right now...


Copyright © Random Rarebits 2. All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

  • Interesting!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 17, 04:43:00 PM 2006  

  • akum tikus pujaan ku..

    kekesalan dalam diri kucing semakin menebal hanya tuhan saja yg tahu..
    kucing dah baca ur random..
    kucing rasa bersalah..

    tikus..
    andai dapat ku putar jangka masa..kucing ingin pergi kepada hari yg kucing kata yes pada mak dan ayah utk terima wanita ini dlm hidup kucing..

    jaga diri tkus..kucing akan terus merindu dan ingat tikus..

    kucing..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Oct 30, 02:22:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home