Random Rarebits 2

Monday, August 21, 2006

Common and un-common sense

According to Which Sense Is Strongest in You? quiz I did at Tickle.com, my strongest sense is Common Sense. Probably that's why Belle of the Party and some close old friends call me the "voice of reason". Probably that's why often times, I find myself a beacon for those seeking advice. Either that or I must have a great head on my shoulders huh? Hahaha, perfect!


The quiz results said, "With Nel's practical approach, her instincts are sure to guide her down a logical path. Nel's gotten her sensible smarts along the way from the school of life. Forecast calls for rain? Take an umbrella. Hitting the hiking trail? Don't wear flip-flops. You probably consider these no-brainers, but don't underestimate yourself — common sense isn't always as common as you'd think. Way to go!"

Hey, did you know that common sense is an intelligence most of us take for granted that everyone would have? But guess what I discovered - apparently, not everybody has it. But you know what? It's the most important intelligence that will ensure our survival in this ever dynamic changing world.



You know what? I think two things have always kept me afloat in times of difficulty, in my trials and tribulations in life - my common sense and my sense of humor, which is my un-common sense.

As William A. Ward once said, "A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life."

4 Comments:

  • well, i hope you will use your common sense more often in your "love" life after this...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Aug 23, 10:58:00 AM 2006  

  • did the test and my strogest sense is right and wrong. Hmm, still figuring out what that really means :)

    By Blogger Nour, at Wed Aug 23, 05:42:00 PM 2006  

  • sumtimes i am nonsense :-)

    By Blogger Azer Mantessa, at Wed Aug 23, 07:19:00 PM 2006  

  • dear anonymous, dare to introduce yourself? hehehe...

    maybe my love life had been nonsense!

    nonsense...hahaha i like that, azer!

    mebbe i should change this blog post title to "the nonsense of common and un-common sense?

    nour, beats the hell out of me too! hehehe didn't your mom ever tell you not to believe in pop quizzes like this one.

    By Blogger Penglipur Lara, at Thu Aug 24, 06:23:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home