Random Rarebits 2

Saturday, August 05, 2006

You break, you pay

Today, I learned about giving 100% commitment the hard way. I was two minutes late for my personal effectiveness training this morning and I was grilled by the group leader. That was so shitty!

I learned to acknowledge that I was late and that I had broken an agreement I made to myself and others. I learned that it is my personal responsibility to keep to my agreement because my word is my worth.

Omigod! I felt so not worthy and so small as I reflected on all of the agreements I've broken, promises not kept - to God, to myself, to my loved one and to others.

Before starting our three-day training yesterday, we had agree to adhere to all of the ground rules. One of them is to honour my agreements. Being punctual is one of my agreements. To participate 100% in the training I must attend the training 100% of the time. Whether I am a minute or 5 minutes late, it doesn't matter. It is a broken agreement. I realise making up excuses are only attempts to make myself feel better, not to make the waiting party or wronged party feel better. By making excuses, I'm not taking personal responsibility, and instead, I'm shifting the blame to other factors like traffic jams, I overslept and other things for example. I should tell myself every night, if I want to realise my dreams, I must not oversleep :)



After more reflections of my personal habits, I acknowledge that I do have a major problem in keeping time. From this moment on, I will make it my top priority to be 100% committed, to keep my promises and to honour my agreements. That includes managing my time well, and respecting my time as well as other people's time.

Wow! Thats really deep. Well I'd rather be deep than be in a deep shit!

It's like those petite cardboard you see on the shelves of the fragile section of a department strore or a gift shop which says, "you break it, you pay". So, in more than one way, you'll pay for breaking an agreement. Ever thought of that?

4 Comments:

  • Liza,

    I was as LATE as well for my 2 day course on Monday! The speaker looked straight at me when I took my seat ...he didnt say anything but I felt soooo guilty! I should be punctual I know as it shows how serious I am with my life and work responsibilties. On tuesday I was the first to arrive! hehhehe

    Note to myself, be punctual and pple will take me seriously!

    I hope you are out of your viral fever and flu..Take care liza.

    By Blogger Nour, at Sat Aug 12, 09:56:00 AM 2006  

  • errr ... you break, you pay :-)

    By Blogger Azer Mantessa, at Sat Aug 12, 10:41:00 AM 2006  

  • Nour, hehe glad you see what i mean. My fever keeps coming and going lah. Been a week already.

    By Blogger Penglipur Lara, at Mon Aug 14, 01:53:00 PM 2006  

  • Azer, it's not easy changing our habits but i gotta try. Arrrrgggh today i'm late for work! I should spank seriously myself in the butt.

    By Blogger Penglipur Lara, at Mon Aug 14, 01:55:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home