Random Rarebits 2

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My kindergarten teacher lied

With too many break-ups, divorces and my own failings in relationships, my faith in marriage is beginning to erode. Am trying hard to keep my faith.

What happens to happy ever after endings after promising "I do". Is there such thing as a happy ever after ending afterall?



My kindergarten teachers must have lied to me during the three months I went to kindergarten.

Did you know that I refused to continue kindergarten because I was tired of being the only pupil who knew the right answers? My mom had something to do with it but I won't blame her. Bukan salah ibu mengandung. Bukan silap ibu mendidik. She was enthusiastic with me being her first born, and started to teach me how to read and write when I was just three. I began reading and writing when I was just four.

I finished reading children's books before I was seven and moved on to Enid Blyton's Famous Five and Thomas Hardy's Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series until I was nine. Thereafter I started reading novels. Not before long, I moved into Mills & Boons and discovered romance. I began writing short stories when I was twelve. My literature teacher was beyond belief that I wrote them myself. She said what I wrote about was beyond my age - hehehe I wrote about love, romances and relationships. Being called to the headmistress' office for a long lecture kinda plugged my explorations into story writing. Thereafter, I moved on to Shakespeare and classic literature...

And then I discovered my dad's adult novels and magazines which he hid well and thought I would never find :)

I remember how horrified my mom was - she almost fell off her chair - when I asked her what "mati pucuk" or "erectile dysfucntion" means. I was only seven or eight. Haha that hilarious! And that was the end of my adult readings! Bummer!

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home