Random Rarebits 2

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Urghhh...women drivers!!!

I read an article in The Star yesterday about Malaysians being bad drivers, and almost 70% of accidents on Malaysian roads are caused by human errors.

Since I started driving 15 years ago, I've been hearing chauvinistic comments from male friends, saying that majority of bad drivers in our country are women. I don't know how it really was back in those days, perhaps there was some truth. I was a bad driver myself when I was in my early 20s. I was involved in a number of very silly accidents. Like, hitting into the wall when I was parking rear end first. I felt soooo stupid.

Once I was parking, and I went over a block of stone which is an indicator that you've exceeded the barrier. The car registration plate came off as a result. I was kinda scared The Ex-Hubby would be really mad at me so I glued the damn thang back to the car. He didn't notice at all, thank God! Then a few days after, he did exactly the same thing I did, and it came off. Of course, I didn't tell him that the damn thang had come off before, hehehe....

After four silly accidents, The Ex-Hubby forbade me from driving for years, and convinced me that I was such a hopeless driver. I developed a phobia of driving, and a car felt like a mean machine to me. I started driving again four or five years ago, when he left me. It was a do or die situation for me, as nobody's going to drive me around. I picked up the courage to go out on the road again. Only this time, not only am I a much better driver, I'm a good driver. I'm now in tuned with the machine when I drive, thanks to go-kart racing. Even my car has a name :)

Today, I beg to differ with my male chauvinist friends and The Ex-Hubby. Today, the playing field has indeed leveled, there are as many bad male drivers around, and as many good women drivers too!

After reading this hilarious e-mail from another male friend, I'm sure you would agree with me why I said that. Hehehe, here's what he wrote:

Fellas,

I'm writing this because I think drivers should be more careful.

This morning on my way to work, I looked over to my left and could you believe it. There was a woman in a brand new Camry doing 90km/h with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner!





I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup.

Now, as a man I don't scare easily.

But this woman and her reckless driving scared me so much; I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the roti chanai out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my cellphone away from my ear which fell into the teh tarik between my legs, splashed and burned Big Jim and the Twins, ruined the damn phone, soaked my trousers, and disconnected an important call.

Urghhh... women drivers!!!



Copyright © Random Rarebits 2. All rights reserved.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Hi Liza,
    I totally agree with you. Gone were the days where women are thought to be the bad or useless drivers. I have seen with my own eyes how terrible male drivers can be :P

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    By Blogger Nour, at Fri Dec 22, 02:10:00 PM 2006  

  • liza.....mana nak dpt that design on the car door...hehehe so cool ek.

    idham

    By Blogger Idham, at Tue Dec 26, 06:31:00 PM 2006  

  • hi nour, happy new year to you!

    idham, happy new year to you too. hehehe you can copy the picture. cool eh...

    By Blogger Penglipur Lara, at Wed Dec 27, 06:58:00 PM 2006  

  • Hey Liza... I found that you linked my blog in yours, so I linked yours in mine too! Hope you don't mind. Anyway, not all women drivers are teruk lah. Some men are guilty of it, too! By the way, I enjoy reading your posts. :-)

    By Blogger Ash, at Mon Jan 29, 12:06:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home